Ayr United 1 Queen’s Park 4

Young Queen's Park picked up three points yesterday with a 4-1 win, in cinch Reserve League, over Ayr United at Dam Park.

Goals from Aaron Healy, Timan Scott, Liam McLeish and Calum Biggar gave Queen’s their second win in the league and moved them to third place in the table.

Bright sunshine welcomed the teams to the pitch for Queen’s fourth league game of the season.  Both sides had one win in the league so far this season. Ayr on four points, Queen’s on three.

Queen’s controlled the game in the opening period with the majority of play in the Ayr half. Both Lucas McCormick and Lewis Moore had shots on goal.

Lewis Moore has a shot on goal

Ayr started to get back into the game and in the 19th minute Jacques Heraghty had to react to push an Ayr header away for a corner.

Jacques Heraghty pushes an Ayr header away.

In the 26th minute Queen’s opened the scoring.  Cammy Bruce won a corner and played a quick ball to Calum Biggar who knocked the ball to Aaron Healy at the edge of the box. Aaron took a touch and fired the ball into the far corner of the net from 25 yards out.

Aaron Healy scores Queen's first goal

Queen’s continued to move the ball about looking for gaps in the Ayr defence.  Although Aaron Healy and Joseph Smith had chances the half finished 1-0 to Queen’s.

Head coach Paul Nuijten made his first substitutions at half time replacing Lewis Moore and Aaron Healy with Alex Fairlie and Timan Scott.

In the 52nd minute Queen’s doubled their lead. A superb break by Lucas McCormick who raced past two defenders before squaring the ball to Timan Scott to side-foot the ball into the corner of the net from 16 yards out.

Timan Scott makes the score 2-0 to Queen's

Ayr had been pressing Queen’s since the start of the second half and that pressure paid off in the 67th minute when they pulled a goal back.  An attack down the left wing saw the ball played into their number seven who turned and hit the ball, through a defender’s legs into the net from 10 yards out.

Queen’s responded two minutes later with a great goal. Kane Thomson overturned an Ayr attack inside his own half, evaded three tackles before moving the ball to Timan Scott.  Timan cut the ball back to Liam McLeish who took one touch and volled the ball into the roof of the net from 16 yards.

Liam McLeish gives Queen's a two goal lead, again

In the 73rd minute Queen’s added a fourth when Timan Scot was pulled down inside the Ayr box.  Calum Biggar took the spot kick sending the ball into the corner of the net.

Timan Scott is upended inside the Ayr box

In the 78th minute Queen’s replaced Joseph Smith and Lucas McCormick with Liam McQuaid and Zach Mauchin.

Queen’s saw the game out to claim all three points and move into third place in the table.

Queen’s Park: Jacques Heraghty, Lewis Moore (Alex Fairlie 45′), Cammy Bruce, Calum Biggar, Aaron Healy (Timan Scott 45′), Kane Thomson, Lewis Reid, Andrew Lind, Liam McLeish, Lucas McCormick (Liam McQuaid 78′), Joseph Smith (Zach Mauchin 78′).

Subs not used: Liam Russell.

Ayr United: McAdams, Watret, Billiam, Jeanes, Ecrepont, Viviani, McKenzie, Hewitt, Bryden, Ashford, O’Connor.

Subs: Fairns, Dolan, Tomlinson, Holding, Johnston, Kennedy, Donnolly, Moffat.


Post Match Interview

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Privacy policy