Dundee United 3 Queen’s Park 1

Three late goals by Dundee United saw Rachel Connor's goal wiped out yesterday in SWPL2 game at Dundee's Regional Performance Centre.

Coach Barry Rodgers made two changes to the starting 11 from last week’s Kilmarnock game. Sophie Payne and Gill Sloey replacing Abbi McDonald and the suspended Summer Christie.

Queen’s started the game on the front foot, pushing Dundee United back and dominating the midfield.

Both sides had chances in the opening 15 minutes.  But it was Queen’s who had the best chances with Sophie Payne and Abby Callaghan both denied by good goalkeeping from Rachel Perry in the Dundee United goal.

In the 14th minute a great break, by Rachel Connor on the right, saw Nicole Cairney shoot from outside the box only for the Dundee United keeper to block again.

Nicole Cairney has a shot on goal

In the 27th minute Queen’s had their best chance of the first half. Abby Callaghan played the ball into Rachel Connor who smashed the ball towards goal, only for the Dundee United keeper to pull off another great save.

Half-time: Dundee United 0 Queen’s Park 0

The league leaders obviously got a few harsh words spoken to them at half time, as they came out and pressurised Queen’s for the first fifteen minutes of the second half.

In the 65th minute Queen’s took the lead. Abby Callaghan played the ball wide right for Rachel Connor to run onto. Rachel, from the edge of the Dundee United box, fired in a cross which ended up in the net.

Rachel Connor scores from the edge of the box

Four minutes later Dundee United equalised. Jade McLaren drove into the Queen’s box from wide right and drilled the ball low into the corner of the net.

Jade McLaren equalises for Dundee United

In the 83rd minute Dundee United took the lead. A corner from the left was poorly defended by the Queen’s defence. Tammy Harkin took advantage to head the clearance into the net.

Dundee United's Tammy Harkin (20) sees her header end up in the net

Three minutes into injury time Dundee United added a third. Queen’s lost the ball in attack. Dundee United’s Cassie Cowper played a long ball over the Queen’s defence for Tammy Harkin to step onto and fire the ball home from 16 yards out.

Dundee United's Tammy Harkin makes the score 3-1 to United

Full-time: Dundee United 3 Queen’s Park 1

Queen’s Park: Rhind, Fitzsimmons, Smith, Kane, Ray, Sophie Payne (Eva Payne 81′), Callaghan (Potts 89′), Cairney (McInfoe 84′), Connor (Hopgood 89′), Fulton, Sloey. Subs not used: Caddell

Dundee United: Perry, Murphy (Guthrie 57′), McMillan, Cowper, McLaren, McGinley, Smith, Todd, Foote, Robb (Ballach 69′), Harkin. Subs not used: Kern, Simson, Nachman

QPTV - Post-match Interview

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Privacy policy